Monday, April 13, 2015

"A Few Things I Know"

Marry him because you enjoy him so deeply,
so deeply, that you want to spend the rest of your days
laughing, thinking, talking, and breathing next to him.
And then, love him with all you’ve got.
Marriage has never been easy for me. I can't think of a single 24 hour period where I exclusively thought "I love being married! This is so fun! So easy!" Every day has had really hard moments. Some days have had really wonderful moments too (but it's easier to forget about those). And lately those wonderful moments have been fewer and farther between.

We're working really hard right now to appreciate one another (we're stuck with each other, after all!) and to that end, though I have long appreciated Tricia Lott Williford's blog and her perspective on marriage as a widow, I really appreciated her post today.

[http://tricialottwilliford.com/2015/04/a-few-things-i-know/]

No comments:

Post a Comment