Friday, October 04, 2013

"I Weep From Fullness"

RC Sproul Jr. lost his wife and daughter shortly after one another.

On the anniversary of his daughter's death, he had this to say:
All her life I took special care of Shannon. All her life she took special care of me. I fed her her meals. She fed me my peace. I held her hand, keeping her body steady. She held my hand, keeping my soul steady. She looked up to me in trust. Now I look up to her in hope. She no longer steals into my room. But every Lord’s Day I am lifted up to her, to my bride, and to the One who in His grace brought us all together, and will bring us together again. So I weep not from emptiness, but from fullness. Jesus walked out of a tomb alive. That changes everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment