Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Birch Bay Trip

I had the opportunity, with Emily, to babysit the four adorable Patterson children so that their parents could go away for the night to celebrate their eleventh wedding anniversary.

Then Emily and I continued driving north on I-5 up to Birch Bay, WA, to meet up with Dad and Mom and Ruth and David to spend some time with them at Grandpa and Grandma's time-share condo.

Driving!

Sadly, there were two very painful injuries: Dad sliced his big toe open, very deeply, while jumping into the river to save Emily's volleyball and Ruth burned her hand when she was accidentally knocked into the oven. Ruth's burn blistered and the blister affectionately became known as "Ted".

Poor Ted
The sunset over Bellingham Bay
We took a "Pablo and Debbie Life History Tour" all over Bellingham, Alger, etc., to see their various places of employment and favorite haunts, plus the home that they (and Hannah and I) lived in and the church where Mom, Hannah and I were all baptized in. It was a fun little side trip.

Exit 240, to Alger
Our Alger house (with a large, post-Darms, addition to the right)
Alger Christian Reformed Church (now Alger Community Church)
After spending Saturday and Sunday night, plus all day Monday, at the condo, Ruth and I drove home - Ruth to work and me to Seth (and work). Though good to be home again, with my new husband, it was a fun quick trip.
David, Mom, Ruth, me, Dad and Emily

2 comments:

  1. I love the sunset photo! Gorgeous!!

    and yes, poor Ted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoaaa! Double rainbow!

    Um, I like the sunset picture, toooo!

    ReplyDelete