Joshua Harris announced that he is stepping down from his pulpit this past week. His entire message is worth reading, but I especially appreciated the following quote. It's a good reminder both in regards to the recent upheaval at Mars Hill Church and in regards to the ways God has shaped my own life.
People can look at the last few years and say, “It’s so sad that Covenant Life has gotten smaller.” I don’t view it that way. God’s kingdom hasn’t gotten smaller. I think he’s been scattering us for the sake of kingdom advance. New churches have been started. And I say God bless and grow every one of them. And there are hundreds of former members who are attending other established churches across this county. And I say, “Lord, use them to bless and grow those churches and give us all a kingdom mindset that yearns for the glory of your name alone in this city!”
God is doing something wonderful. But it’s been hard because the change isn’t fast enough for some people and it’s too much for others. But at the end of the day, our Father is transforming and refining his beloved children.
[
http://www.covlife.org/blog/joshua_harris_sunday_remarks]
No comments:
Post a Comment