Friday, August 02, 2013

Baby Eye Color Odds


[http://todayilearned.co.uk/2012/11/03/baby-eye-color-odds/]

3 comments:

  1. I think its a little more complicated than this because the percentages are going to change based on grandparents eye colors as well...but it is maybe a good general starting point. :) For example, Chris and I both have blue eyes and no brown eyes in our family for several generations back so it is probably true that there is 0% chance of us having a brown eyed kid. But if either of us had a brown eyed parent, there would be a small chance of having that show up in our kid. My dad has green/hazel eyes and mine can be a sort of aqua-green when they want to so there may be more than 1% chance that we can have a green eyed kid. But yes, most likely I expect him to have blue. Something else interesting, I read on my 32 week pregnancy update was that ALL babies have blue eyes at that point and they can change just before birth to up to 10 years. ahhhh genetics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure more complicated! Hazel not being included, for one. But my Dad has brown and my Mom blue, and according to this 0% of green eyes? Really? Then why does one of their kids have blue eyes? Etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And also, that's only all Caucasian babies born with blue eyes... but still, wow!

    ReplyDelete