But God may choose to answer my prayers for my children’s salvation through brokenness and trials. Yet I pray,“Please Lord, not this way! Not through hardship!” It’s a hard reality that sin precedes redemption, and all have fallen short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23). This is all the more reason that I must not grow weary of doing good, speaking of and singing the songs of salvation even if it’s through fear and trembling.[http://www.domestickingdom.com/2013/05/08/the-struggle-to-trust-god-with-my-childs-salvation/]
If my greatest desire for my children is “Lord, please let them come to faith in you,” then shouldn’t I be willing to trust God to redeem any situation they’re faced with? Am I willing to trust him in the painful times he has purposed for his glory?
Take heart, Mom & Dad. Jesus is sovereign over your children’s salvation. And he faithfully goes after his lost sheep (Luke 15:4), whether they’re in the time-out corner of their preschool class or walking through cancer and chemotherapy. Our Father is more concerned with redeeming our children for his glory than we are.
Thursday, May 09, 2013
"The Struggle to Trust God with My Child’s Salvation"
Convicting words from Lindsey Carlson's post, "The Struggle to Trust God with My Child’s Salvation":
Labels:
Children,
Christianity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment