...Pregnancy has been hard for me. I don't like to dwell on it, because let's face it, physically, pregnancy is hard for almost everyone. But for me, pregnancy has also been emotionally difficult, and physically alien. And it turns out this isn't even rare; it's just a closely guarded secret... For a long while, I was eaten up with guilt. I have so many friends who deeply want to be pregnant (or, perhaps more properly, would like to have babies), and now, I'm the one that is. So shouldn't I pretend to love it, out of simple gratitude? But the interesting thing has been that my friends struggling with fertility have been the ones who have most readily accepted me, wherever I am on any given day. They know more than anyone that this whole process is difficult and fraught with societal expectations of how we should feel. They know that societal expectations will screw you, every time. They tell me to just show up and be me, and if I don't like pregnancy most days, so be it... [emphasis added][http://apracticalwedding.com/2012/06/the-next-adventure/#ixzz1z22zufgQ]
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Mixed Feelings on Pregnancy
Why is it that I can only find posts like this on secular blogs?
Labels:
Babies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment