Monday, March 26, 2012

"Here I Raise My Ebenezer"

Seth sings "Come Thou Fount" to Ezra at least once a day. It's become his lullaby of choice.

But it's long been one of my favorite hymns too. We even talked about naming one of our sons "Ebenezer" but eventually decided against it. But even without that backstory, I appreciated this post:
I hold the rock, knowing what is coming. Dreading what is coming. Before dinner my aunt asked me if I would share a bit about the word Ebenezer. If I would share with everyone what it means. I hold the rock in my hand knowing that each rock is to be an Ebenezer for each of us at the table. That we will share with each other what this Ebenezer is to remind us of.
[http://deeperstory.com/here-i-raise-my-ebenezer/]

2 comments:

  1. You could name your kid Ebenezer but then call him Ben. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, our top three boys names are/were Ezra, Ezekiel and Ebenezer. So our schema could be OT names with the letters "e" and "z" in them...

    ReplyDelete