Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Blissful contentment

Mmm, I'm sitting in the UWT library right now. I'm tucked away underneath the stairwell. No one else is in sight. I have a little lamp right up on the window sill that looks out into the frozen "greenery" that is the courtyard. I pulled a big cozy chair up to the table, so I'm comfy and I have good posture. My feet are propped up on a little stool. I have a bottle of Arizona Sweet Tea right beside me. I have headphones on and am listening to my playlist of absolute favorite songs. I have a humongous encyclopedia of African American history on my right and notebooks of my notes on the left. The library is open until midnight and I'm settled in here until then. I'm still crazy excited about and fascinated by this thesis of mine. I just got out of my favorite class and had helpful, affirming conversations with my professor about my current research project on Tacoma's Black Churches and about my research plan for the next few months. It's just such a fabulous night. I can't think of anything that could make it better. So I guess I just had to share about my blissful contentment. Jealous?

No comments:

Post a Comment